Colorado RallyCross

Welcome to Colorado RallyCross!  What is RallyCross?  Think of it as autocross gone wild.  Instead of a paved parking lot, we race on gravel or dirt under all types of conditions—dust, more dust, mud, rain, snow, ice, wind, and even darkness.  If you’re new to RallyCross, check out our website for more information about the most exciting entry-level motorsport on the planet!  If you’re a RallyCross veteran, be sure to mark this year’s events on your calendar.  We hope to see you at the next event!
Wednesday, 24 January 2018
Home Community Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE?

EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE? 4 years, 8 months ago #1486

• RyOlSe
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
(Photo courtesy Sandra Tiedeman)

Next up on the 2013 Colorado RallyCross schedule is Event #4, the Rocky Mountain National Challenge at Colorado Off Road Extreme (CORE) in spectacular Deer Trail, Colorado. CO R-X will host a field of 60+ rallycross drivers at this two day event Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2. If you can arrive early, registration, check in and test & tune/practice runs will be available Friday afternoon, May 31. Free overnight camping is available Friday and Saturday night. If you’re not the camping type, lodging is available in nearby Limon, Colorado, about 20 minutes away. And don’t miss Saturday’s movie night under the stars.
Cost for the full two-day event, including Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch, is $90. If you aren’t a current SCCA member, a weekend membership will be included in the $90 entry fee. Since this is a National Challenge event, you’ll need two SCCA RallyCross decals (one for each side of the car) and the SCCA RallyCross windshield banner. These are available at the event for the very modest price of $5 and $10, respectively. And they’ll actually increase the value of your car! Also, you’ll need to display your car number and class (e.g. SA, PF, MR, etc.) on both sides of your vehicle. Painter’s tape will suffice, but you really should get some magnetic or vinyl car numbers—easily worth two seconds a lap!

If you’re thinking about competing at Event #4, be sure to pre-register using the Registration tab above. Registration will open soon and we'll pass the word as soon as the link to SCCA's Motorsport.com registration system is open. This is an excellent opportunity to test your driving skills against some of the best rallycrossers in the great plains and mountain west. And if you’ve never been to the SCCA RallyCross National Championship, but are thinking about it, the Rocky Mountain National Challenge will give you a feel for what to expect.

Here’s the tentative event schedule:

Friday May 31
Noon - 6:00 PM: Registration and tech.
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Practice course open on the upper course (Price to be announced).
Overnight camping allowed.

Saturday June 1
7:00 AM: Breakfast available on-site.
7:30 AM: Late registration and tech.
8:00 AM: Class inspection (Vehicle Disclosure forms will be available on site. However you can save time and fill one out to bring with you)
8:30 AM: Drivers' meeting & opening ceremonies.
9:00 AM: Competition begins on upper course (3-5 runs per group).

1:30 PM: Lunch available on-site.
2:30 PM: Competition resumes, heats 3/4 (3-5 runs per group).
6:30 PM: Competition ends.
7:30 PM: Dinner provided on-site.

After Dark: The Paddock and course will be moved to the lower course area followed by a Movie on the green. Enjoy an Academy Award-worthy movie projected on the side of the Magic Bus. Bring a lawn chair, beverage of your choice and plenty of sun screen.
Overnight camping allowed.

Sunday June 2
7:00 AM: Breakfast available on-site.
8:00 AM: Cars in grid.
8:30 AM: Drivers' meeting.
9:00 AM: Competition begins on the lower course (2 - 4 runs per group).
1:00 PM: Competition complete.
1:30 PM: Lunch provided on-site.
2:00 PM: Awards & Trophies Pictures (Official Trophies will be mailed out by the National Office)
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by RyOlSe.

Re: EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE? 4 years, 8 months ago #1496

• RyOlSe
Pre-Registration for the National Challenge is now open! While you can pay in advanced, it's not required and you are able to still pay while onsite.

www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=5604

Re: EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE? 4 years, 8 months ago #1497

• RyOlSe
A question of "Do we have to follow nationals rules for numbering for this event? Because I know it's mentioned in the generic sup regs for the national challenges in regards to:

"The first driver must choose a number; the co-driver must take the first drivers number, plus 100 (example #15 and #115 or #99 and #199)" Is noted directly on the registration form. (Even though it's allowing you to choose numbers up to 999 and "If you have two drivers compete in the same car and in the same class each driver must submit a separate entry form and the "second" driver must choose the first driver's number, plus or minus a number (e.g. 1st driver # 98 2nd driver # 198) or #8)"

No, you do not have to use this number system and can pick whatever numbers you want as you would at any Colorado Regional even just as long as they are not already taken by someone else.

Re: EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE? 4 years, 8 months ago #1498

• RyOlSe
A question of "Do they close the entry gate to CORE at night? I want to go up after work on Friday and camp, but I don't think there's anyway I'll make it for the actual scheduled practice time from 2:00 - 5:00. I just want to make sure I can get in."

The simple answer is they usual do, but not for this weekend. Unless there's cattle, which there shouldn't be. And if the gate is closed it won't actually be locked. Just make sure you close it when you come/leave.

Re: EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE? 4 years, 8 months ago #1499

• RyOlSe
There is also a forum thread going for what movie to watch on Saturday night

http://www.coloradorallycross.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=1487&Itemid=103#1487

Re: EVENT #4: ARE YOU UP TO THE (NATIONAL) CHALLENGE? 4 years, 8 months ago #1500

• RyOlSe
Another question: "Will I and my CO-Driver be allowed to each take drivers laps as long as we're in the car by ourselves? In other words, 1 would drive around the course by themselves and then we'd switch and I would go by myself."

Answer: Yes, both drivers will be allowed to drive in the parade lap. Please note, that as always you must make these driver change outs as quickly as possible so that you are not holding up the event.

And on the note of parade laps, as with every National event there will be a parade lap for the AM heat and the PM heat on Saturday.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds