Colorado RallyCross

Welcome to Colorado RallyCross!  What is RallyCross?  Think of it as autocross gone wild.  Instead of a paved parking lot, we race on gravel or dirt under all types of conditions—dust, more dust, mud, rain, snow, ice, wind, and even darkness.  If you’re new to RallyCross, check out our website for more information about the most exciting entry-level motorsport on the planet!  If you’re a RallyCross veteran, be sure to mark this year’s events on your calendar.  We hope to see you at the next event!
Wednesday, 24 January 2018
Home Community Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS

Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS 6 years, 5 months ago #978

** This thread discusses the content article: Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS **

Think of the best day you’ve ever had in your entire life. Now multiply that by ten and that’s what Event #7 in the 2011 Colorado RallyCross series will be like. Join us for the SCCA National Challenge event on August 20-21 at the fabulous U.S. Truck Driving School in Fountain, Colorado. Match your driving skills against 80+ competitors from across the country (or at least the Front Range and Utah). Here’s the scoop on the event:

• Entry fee for the two-day event is $80 for SCCA members and $90 for non-members (includes a $10 SCCA weekend membership). Your entry fee includes a mouth-watering barbecue dinner Saturday evening and all the fresh, crisp Colorado air you can breathe.
  • All competition vehicles must display a SCCA RallyCross windshield banner and two RallyCross bumper stickers (one on each side of the vehicle). Banners ($5) and stickers ($3 each) will be available at Registration.
  • All vehicles must display car number and vehicle class on each side of the vehicle. And for all you blue tape slackers, spend some coin on magnetic numbers.
  • Since this is a national event, there will be eight competition classes: Stock Front/Rear/All, Prepared Front/Rear/All, and Modified Two/All. Despite rumors to the contrary, there will not be a “Special” class for wayward Berettas, ugly Volvos or any can driven by Jonathan Olschewski.
  • Camping will be available on site after 5:00 PM Friday.
  • Watch this site for updates on hotel discounts. The closest hotels are in Fountain and Pueblo.
  • Loaner helmets will be available at the event.

Two words about PRE-REGISTRATION: DO IT! Be sure to pre-register using the Registration tab above. No problem if you pre-register but aren’t able to attend. There will be a $10 late fee for all day-of-event registrations.

Here is the tentative event schedule (subject to change):

SATURDAY

7:30 AM Begin Registration, Tech and Course Walk
9:00 AM Class inspection
9:15 AM Welcome & Drivers Meeting
10:00 AM Heat 1 (Two run groups; 3-5 runs per group)
1:00 PM Lunch break (food available on site)
2:00 PM Heat 2 (Two run groups; 3-5 runs per group)
6:30 PM Dinner (provided on site)

SUNDAY

8:00 AM Cars in grid
8:30 AM Drivers meeting
9:00 AM Heat 3 (Two run groups; 2-4 runs per group)
1:30 PM Competition ends
2:00 PM Awards Ceremony

Check back for updates.
Last Edit: 6 years, 5 months ago by HighFive.

Re: Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS 6 years, 5 months ago #990

Our regular Colorado R-X course designers, Don & Tim Hardy, will lead the design of this event's courses. We'd love to have out-of-state competitors help with course design to give us a different perspective, so please post on this thread if you would be interested in helping with course design.

Thanks!
Keith

Re: Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS 6 years, 5 months ago #1008

I just called the Fountain Super-8 for a reservation and the man I talked to said no reservation was necessary - to just come in. I confirmed that "I could just walk in there Saturday evening and pay you $49 + tax for a room and there would be no problem, right?" He asked where I got the $49 rate, and I told him "SCCA per Holly" and he said umm, "Okay, just come on in."
Weird. And disconcerting. Anyone actually make reservations? Also, am I going to get mugged in this Super-8?

Re: Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS 6 years, 5 months ago #1009

I was able to make a reservation, but they have SCCA groups in all the time it sounds like (probably for PPIR). Maybe try to call back another time and see if you can get something down for sure?

Re: Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS 6 years, 5 months ago #1012

• Styluss
  • Gold Racer
erikkellison wrote:

Weird. And disconcerting. Anyone actually make reservations? Also, am I going to get mugged in this Super-8?

You won't get mugged, but a trucker may tell you that you have a pretty mouth...

Re: Ya'll Ready for This? NATIONAL CHALLENGE at USTDS 6 years, 5 months ago #1014

• Susan
  • Administrator
I reserved online, king bed $50 per night... with no mention of the event. so I guess it's not really a special rate...

And uh, yeah, don't expect luxury here... to say the least...
Last Edit: 6 years, 5 months ago by Susan.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds