Colorado RallyCross

Welcome to Colorado RallyCross!  What is RallyCross?  Think of it as autocross gone wild.  Instead of a paved parking lot, we race on gravel or dirt under all types of conditions—dust, more dust, mud, rain, snow, ice, wind, and even darkness.  If you’re new to RallyCross, check out our website for more information about the most exciting entry-level motorsport on the planet!  If you’re a RallyCross veteran, be sure to mark this year’s events on your calendar.  We hope to see you at the next event!
Saturday, 23 September 2017
Home Community Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

can I bring my car?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the CO-RX forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: can I bring my car?

can I bring my car? 4 years, 2 months ago #1536

I was wondering if I could race my car? I have a dwarf car that in auto cross is in the FM class. since I often race the car on dirt I was hoping to be able to try rally x.

thanks

Patrick

Re: can I bring my car? 4 years, 2 months ago #1537

• RyOlSe
Sorry, but what's a "dwarf car"?

Is it a production based car with a solid roof, front window, none tube frame and not lifted (based on the title I'm assuming that part is no)? Those are the main things. Do you have a picture of it?

Re: can I bring my car? 4 years, 2 months ago #1538

a dwarf is a 5/8 scale motorcycle powered car, if you are familiar with a Legend these are nearly the same type of car. they are purpose built and not on a production chassis.

Re: can I bring my car? 4 years, 2 months ago #1539

Hi, Patrick. Great question! We haven't had any dwarf cars compete. First, it must be a "fixed-roof production based vehicle." Dwarf cars have a fixed roof and are produced for circle track series racing, so your car might meet this criteria. Also, our rules allow "Any eligible (per 6.1) log booked race car or car currently legal for stage rally competition in other sanctioning bodies may run in its appropriate Rally Modified class regardless of whether it meets the Rally Modified rules." We'll check with our National office to see if there is a way to get your car out in the dirt.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Keith Lightfoot.

Re: can I bring my car? 4 years, 2 months ago #1540

Thank you for asking, for more back ground the autocross rules allow the car to run in the FM class and specifically call out the dwarf car and Western State Dwarf Car rules.

thank you

Patrick

Re: can I bring my car? 4 years, 1 month ago #1544

Hi, Patrick. Sorry for the delay. I received feedback from our National office regarding your question. Under the current rules, "production based" is interpreted to mean vehicles produced for over-the-road use, so dwarf/Legends cars are not eligible since they are not originally road-legal vehicles. We're starting to see more interest from people who have side-by-sides and other non-road-legal type vehicles, so perhaps we'll see an opportunity for dwarf-type race cars in the future. Stay tuned! In the meantime, you can always bring your daily driver out to race with us.

Keith
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpatrickbernard
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds