Colorado RallyCross

Welcome to Colorado RallyCross!  What is RallyCross?  Think of it as autocross gone wild.  Instead of a paved parking lot, we race on gravel or dirt under all types of conditions—dust, more dust, mud, rain, snow, ice, wind, and even darkness.  If you’re new to RallyCross, check out our website for more information about the most exciting entry-level motorsport on the planet!  If you’re a RallyCross veteran, be sure to mark this year’s events on your calendar.  We hope to see you at the next event!
Saturday, 23 September 2017
Home Community Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Hello CO-RX
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the CO-RX forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello CO-RX

Hello CO-RX 2 years ago #1608

• King15
  • Fresh Racer
Hi everybody. Just posting to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Peter. I've been autocrossing for a few years now and it's time to try my skills on dirt. I'll try to make it to at least one event this season. My autocross car is a 1994 Civic sedan in SMF. I swapped in a single cam engine similar to stock but with vtec so that put me in the street modified class against bigger displacement dual cam cars. I still do okay, usually finishing mid class, which is usually in the top 20 in raw times overall. My autocross car will not be my rallycross car however, it's too low and very stiffly sprung. I'll be driving my daily driver. It's a 95 Civic CX, and it's a real beater. When I bought it there was more bad than good. Most of the repairs/upgrades have been done with old parts from my racecar. I've set my class to fwd prepared, let me know if that's wrong. The overheated engine was replaced with a standard OEM block but with a Vtec cylinder head. The entire exhaust is aftermarket (cat is present, it's not too loud). Koni yellow shocks, OEM springs, poly bushings, GSR front sway bar and dimpled/slotted front rotors. Right now it's sitting on 15" alloy wheels with blizzaks, my only other option is 14" steel wheels with very old bridestone tires that I don't think would be safe to race on. I plan on replacing the final drive before I attend, stock for my trim level is somewhere around 3.2. I have a 4.06 in my garage that will really pep it up. See everyone soon.

Re: Hello CO-RX 2 years ago #1609

hello, sir,
Welcome aboard. The head swapping puts you into Mod class. The final drive also would put you into mod. I'd recommend racing on the alloys as they don't bend and as long as we aren't at PPIR or USTDS, the Blizzaks will not get torn up.

Goodluck and see you out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: King15
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds