Colorado RallyCross

Welcome to Colorado RallyCross!  What is RallyCross?  Think of it as autocross gone wild.  Instead of a paved parking lot, we race on gravel or dirt under all types of conditions—dust, more dust, mud, rain, snow, ice, wind, and even darkness.  If you’re new to RallyCross, check out our website for more information about the most exciting entry-level motorsport on the planet!  If you’re a RallyCross veteran, be sure to mark this year’s events on your calendar.  We hope to see you at the next event!
Sunday, 23 July 2017
Home Community Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Looking into RallyX CO
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the CO-RX forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking into RallyX CO

Looking into RallyX CO 1 year, 1 month ago #1622

• Kadams
  • Fresh Racer
Hey everyone

I recently have started to look into different ways to get into some smaller racing for fun. Just had a few questions and figured i would just throw them on here.

A little about myself.. I work as a EMT and Reserve firefighter/EMT. recently picked up an abused datsun 280z and have slowly been dinkin around with the car and trying to bring it back to decent condition. Probably will miss this season unless i get a little more free time and lots more spare money.

Couple questions about my car and RallyCross.
-Would my car be ok to race? Possibly competitive?
-What modification would i be able to make and still stay in "stock" or "prepared"?
-im sure ill think of a lot of other Qs after i post this so ill ask them in a bit

Re: Looking into RallyX CO 1 year ago #1623

I don't recall seeing any 240/260/280 Z-cars but we occasionally see a 300Z at our events. Always nice to see an old school car come out to play. For Stock, you can replace parts with OEM products--no performance upgrades. In Prepared, you can upgrade suspension and make some basic engine improvements. Check out the SCCA RallyCross rules here: cdn.growassets.net/user_files/scca/downl...Rules.pdf?1464037683

Make sure your suspension and steering is in good shape, no play in the wheel bearings, and your battery is tied down and the hot terminal is covered and you should be good to go.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds