Colorado RallyCross

Welcome to Colorado RallyCross!  What is RallyCross?  Think of it as autocross gone wild.  Instead of a paved parking lot, we race on gravel or dirt under all types of conditions—dust, more dust, mud, rain, snow, ice, wind, and even darkness.  If you’re new to RallyCross, check out our website for more information about the most exciting entry-level motorsport on the planet!  If you’re a RallyCross veteran, be sure to mark this year’s events on your calendar.  We hope to see you at the next event!
Saturday, 18 November 2017
Home Community Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New Guy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the CO-RX forums!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Guy

New Guy 1 year ago #1629

Hello everyone, I'm the new guy! New to RallyCross too, but I'm excited to kick the dust up!

I won't be using my daily driver, because... well, I don't want to roll around like a pig in the mud (I drive a Hyundai Santa Fe, and it doesn't like quick, sharp maneuvers very much). So I'll be buying a car for the purpose of rallying, as well as a back up vehicle for the road when I need one. That said, I'm looking at starting this adventure with an early 2000's front-wheel drive in the Stock class. My short list for possible vehicles are (in no particular order):

• Ford Focus ZX3
  • Hyundai Elantra
  • Mazda Protege
  • Nissan Sentra
  • Dodge Neon
  • Toyota Coralla
  • Chevy Cavalier

All the above cars are fairly similar in engine size, weight, HP, torque, etc., and I figure it probably doesn't matter which one I choose since really I'll just be learning and laughing most of the time, but I'm wondering if you all have any opinions/advice to stay away from any of the above models for rallycross? I'm not a mechanic and only know how to do basic maintenance on a vehicle. I do have friends who are mechanics though, who are willing to show me how to do more advanced maintenance and repairs if need be. I'm leaning more towards the Ford Focus ZX3 simply for the rally nostalgia.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you all!

Re: New Guy 1 year ago #1630

Bought a car! 2002 Ford Focus ZX3

Re: New Guy 1 year ago #1631

• ken
  • Administrator
Nice! Good choice!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds