Colorado RallyCross

Welcome to Colorado RallyCross!  What is RallyCross?  Think of it as autocross gone wild.  Instead of a paved parking lot, we race on gravel or dirt under all types of conditions—dust, more dust, mud, rain, snow, ice, wind, and even darkness.  If you’re new to RallyCross, check out our website for more information about the most exciting entry-level motorsport on the planet!  If you’re a RallyCross veteran, be sure to mark this year’s events on your calendar.  We hope to see you at the next event!
Monday, 26 June 2017
Home Community Forums
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rally Tires
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rally Tires

Rally Tires 5 years, 2 months ago #1324

• drumz19
  • Fresh Racer
Does anyone have any recommended websites to purchase used rally tires?

Also, I'm running an 07 WRX tire size is 215/45 R17. Would you recommend a rally tire in the same size or switch to something else?

Thanks for the info.
Z

Re: Rally Tires 5 years, 2 months ago #1325

Special Stage.com, Dirty Impreza, or most any stage rally team with a website would be willing to sell you their old tires.

That said, you'll be hard pressed to find a gravel rally tire in anything larger than a 15" wheel diameter. And the 15" wheels that clear the stock brakes on 06 & 07 Imprezas can be pricey. I found a website that sells 16" rally tires, but it's in the UK. I'm looking into ordering, but won't recommend it to anyone until I am able to get the product.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for rally tires?

Re: Rally Tires 5 years, 2 months ago #1326

• RyOlSe
Here's a link to a source that the grip master himself worked pretty hard to get setup for us. "RALLY TIRES. GET SOME!"
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by RyOlSe.

Re: Rally Tires 5 years, 2 months ago #1327

• code_hat
  • Senior Racer
You're going to have to get a spare set of wheels/tires that will clear your brakes. Those wheels are going to need to be 15". With your year of WRX, you have stock 4 pot front calipers. No OEM 15" Subaru wheel will fit over those. To my knowledge, no OEM Subaru 15" wheels will even clear the front 2 pot brakes of previous year WRXs without spacers of some sort or grinding of calipers.

I have a spare set of used 15" gravel tires I could sell you, but you'll need to get something to put them on. One manufacturer that I know will clear your four pots is Team Dynamics. If you could find some other company that would be sweet too, that way you don't fit into the WRX with Team Dynamic crowd like all of us are.... You can check out websites such as teamilluminata.com and see what they have for wheels.
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by code_hat.

Re: Rally Tires 5 years, 2 months ago #1328

• RyOlSe
Before I went to the 4 pots I had shaved down my front calipers and used some older Forester 5 spoke steelies. It worked, but every so often it did rub against the calipers...

Re: Rally Tires 5 years, 2 months ago #1329

• drumz19
  • Fresh Racer
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

I have done a few of the rallycross events last year and am looking for a better tire for this season.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds